So... the retreat sucked. As usual. But the nice part was that I didn't have to work for those three days... although I must admit I kinda missed working. Something about working at Lone Star makes me feel very productive, and that is always a nice feeling to have. I can't even really describe why the retreat sucked other then that retreats hold too many memories for me. Good and Bad... although mostly bad. So I guess this year I just wasn't up for making more that would probably turn out badly like most of the others. It sounds terrible to say, but its true. Jordan was there this time though and that helped a little. I seriously don't understand how he put up with me however, because I was in such a crappy mood. Not only do I not like retreats because of all the memories and getting sick of everyone etc, but also because I can NOT stand being in the outdoors for that long. I'm just not an outdoorsy kind of girl. I wish I loved nature and camping and hiking and all that fun stuff...but I don't. At all. Oh, and I always come back from the retreats with a cold. However, Mrs. Collie gave me some Vitamin C pills and they have been working miracles!
I got to babysit Friday night for the Collies which was good! I have missed those boys a lot (although they are pretty difficult to babysit). And then on Saturday morning, I babysat for the Bells which was also wonderful... I was really tired but Charlie (age 5) and Thomas (age 3) always, always make me feel better. Then I had to work... and since it was a Saturday night, it was really crazy! But I think I would rather it be crazy then extremely slow anyways. My manager Billy is really cool though which is awesome.
I now am volunteering at my church on "B" days which is good because I only have to make it through three classes! That is what keeps me going on those days because they are extremely hard. Whenever I hear anyone complain about AP Stats, it just makes me laugh because I am SOOOO happy I dropped that class!
I spent $48 at Target today... I can't even believe it either because going in, I was only getting face wash and a razor... and somehow ended up with a LOT more then that. Oh well.
My birthday is on Tuesday! I am pretty excited. We are having a family dinner but my parents said Jordan could come if I wanted him to (which of COURSE I do!) It's nice to finally think of myself as 17.... which isn't much better then 16 but at least its a little bit.
I really like our new pastor at our church. His name is Bruce Frank and after listening to his first few sermons, I decided that I really like him. He is a good preacher. Today, his sermon was on forgiveness and I surely needed to hear everything he had to say about what the Bible said. He just reminded me that everyone needs forgiveness. The most interesting part I thought, was when he said that the saying "time heals everything" is not true. And it makes sense. If someone hurts you enough, can TIME really heal it? Or does it only make you bitter? Or numb? Needless to say, it was a very interesting sermon... and the entire time I didn't look at my clock once :)
College is still up in the air right now. How can I have no idea what I want to do? Actually, thats not really a true statement. I KNOW what I want to do. I want to be a wife. I want to be a mother. But apparently, you can't do that until you go to college and have a career first. Or at least that's what most people will tell you. However, I think it is very annoying that not until this generation did that become the way things should be. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that a woman's role is to be a "co-worker" in the household. I am not saying, of course, that they can't be or even that they shouldn't be... but just that it doesn't say that is the way things MUST be. Not even in the USA did that become the "norm" until these last 30 years. I wish I lived back in the 1800's where I wasn't expected to go to college and wait until I am twenty-five with a career to get married! It is so frustrating. Why do I have such a strong desire to be these things if I have to wait another 8 years?! Just some things that I think about a lot...
On a more random note, I really, really need a pedicure. I am hoping sometime this week I will have time to go and get one. It is just one of those relaxing things that I feel like I need to do soon! Plus, my toes will look much better :)
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment