Camping is fun. Sure. But camping with a huge family for more than a few days? Not so much. My friend Emily came to visit me on Thursday night and we went shopping on Friday and found her prom dress! It's gorgeous! Then Friday night I drove out to Davidson River Campground and spent until late Monday afternoon with my family. Let's just say that there are many people in my family. Way too many dynamics. Here's a synopsis:
Dad - stressed about work, wanted to relax while camping, sweet as can be
Mom - wanted to have fun, stressed about the girls fighting
Me - my sisters were driving me crazy, i'm not really the biggest "camper" in the world, but happy to be away from college for a little bit
Katie - hyper and excited to be camping but sick of being around Michelle
Michelle - loves camping but wasn't very interested in being around anyone - especially Katie
Nicki - pretty much an angel and she loves camping
So basically this was too long of a camping trip.
The girls are on spring break this week and Katie came with me to visit me at UNCC. We had lots of fun. We went shopping, saw "The Last Song," went out to dinner, and got our nails done. It was great!
SO...I'm having the big talk with my dad tomorrow about Jordan and I getting married (SOON) and I am so nervous! Of course Jordan is having the "real" talk with him eventually but my dad said he wants to talk to me 1st about it. Ah.
This weekend is gonna be "girls weekend" with me, my roomate Laura, and Christi. We are excited!
Random fact about myself -
Law and Order SVU is my favorite show ever. I'm kind of obsessed.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment